Taking care of a new born baby can be difficult for the new moms. By learning as much as possible about baby care, new mothers can reduce their worries and can ensure that their babies stay healthy all the time.
- Do breastfeed your baby. Breastfeeding is very good for new born babies as it contains colostrums, substances that help build strong immune system. By providing your baby with your breast milk you can help your child grow healthy. Make sure that you eat healthy food to provide your baby with the essential vitamins and minerals.
- Keep your baby clean. You must change your baby’s diapers at regular intervals to avoid any irritation or allergy. Use soft baby wipes to wipe your baby’s private parts. You may also use soft cotton soaked in clean water or baby washcloth to clean the baby. Avoid using harsh clothes for cleaning as your baby’s skin is very gentle.
- It is very important to bath your baby. You can bathe them at alternate days if it is very cold. Add hot water to the tub if the weather is cold. Mix the water well and check it before bathing your baby. You can use bath thermometer or your knee to ensure that the temperature is just right for your baby.
- For bathing new born babies, you must use soap and shampoo recommended by the doctor. Since new born babies have very gentle skin, the soap and shampoo for them should be gentle and hypoallergenic. Do not use any perfumed deodorants or bath essentials. Bathe your new born baby quickly and as soon you are done, wrap the baby in the towel.
- Buy the right clothing for your baby. Clothes for new babies should be very soft and comfortable. Depending on the season, you may buy clothes made of cotton or wool. Avoid buying synthetic fabrics as they can cause rashes on your baby’s sensitive skin. Since you may need to change your baby’s clothes several times in a day, avoid buying clothes that are difficult to put on. For the first few months, buy body suits as they are comfortable to wear all day long and are easy to put on and take off.
- Sleeping is very important for babies as they experience the maximum growth while sleeping. To ensure that your babies sleep comfortably, you must buy the right bed, bed sheets, and blankets. Put your baby in the right sleeping position. It is advisable to place new born babies on their back while sleeping as babies who sleep on their stomach have a higher risk from SIDS-Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Always sanitize your hands while touching or carrying your baby to prevent dirt and pollutants from touching your baby. Never leave your child unattended. If you need to go to kitchen or washroom, make sure that there is someone to attend the baby.
If you are not too confident about taking care of your new born baby, hire a professional nanny or baby sitter. A professional nanny or baby sitter will provide you baby care tips to keep your little bundle of joy happy.